Campus Sustainability Day 2012!
"Higher Education: Moving Sustainability Forward" | October 24, 2012
-- This event is now over --
Join the Celebration!
Campus Sustainability Day (CSD) is a day of focus - on what has been accomplished and what is needed to maintain momentum. Emphasis in 2012 is on connecting to new groups and allies on campus, highlighting student stories, connecting diverse planning efforts, and reaching out to external partners who can help you move toward success.
- History of Campus Sustainability Day -- read the inspiring history of CSD
- Supporting Organizations for CSD 2012
- CSD 2012 Events - campus events celebrating CSD
- CSD 2012 Regional Conversations -- hosted by CSD Supporting Orgs
- CSD 2012 Keynote Broadcast -- "Preparing Students for a Changing Climate"
More About Campus Sustainability Day
Since 2003, Campus Sustainability Day has been a time to reflect on the success of the sustainability movement in higher education. Together, we’re moving society forward to a sustainable future. As individual campuses we are strong, but as a movement, we are stronger still.
Campus Sustainability Day is devoted to the achievements of - and challenges for - the students, faculty, and staff who are integrating sustainability principles and practices into their institutions and surrounding communities.
Plan an Event on your Campus
CSD 2012 is the 10th Annual Campus Sustainability Day. Hold an event on your campus or in your community, commit to a shared challenge, and help raise the bar for sustainability leadership in higher education as we take the next steps forward together. If you already have activities planned for CSD 2012, be sure to let everyone know by submitting your event. See a list of CSD 2012 events (see also CSD 2011 events) and submit your own campus event.
For more information:
- CSD Updates - sign up for occasional updates about Campus Sustainability Day 2012
- CSD 2012 Facebook page and related Events page on Facebook - send photos and event updates!
- CSD LinkedIn Group
- CSD Twitter hashtag -- #campusday
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Organizations below are supporting and promoting CSD, and can provide you with ideas for how to celebrate it. For example, you might launch a project as part of USGBC's Green Apple Day of Service (Sept 29) and celebrate its fulfillment a month later on CSD (Oct 24). Be sure to check out the websites of these Supporting Organizations.
- American Association of Community Colleges - Center for Sustainability & Economic Education (SEED)
- Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE)
- Higher Education Associations Sustainability Consortium (HEASC)
- National Wildlife Federation - Campus Ecology Program
- Second Nature
- Society for College and University Planning (SCUP)
Other Supporting Organizations